The board of trustees of MADAR International School (MIS) believes a safe and disciplined learning environment is the first requirement of a high performing school. The implementation of school uniforms will help minimize disruptive behavior, promote respect for oneself and others, build school/community spirit, and more significantly, help to maintain high academic standards. The Board also feels that wearing uniforms by students will help lessen the impact of socioeconomic differences.
In addition, it allows for the identification of intruders on campus and encourages students to concentrate on learning rather than on what they are wearing. Moreover, the unified uniform will ensure the respect and conformity with UAE traditions and culture and differences between genders in senior school.
In addition to being required to wear school uniforms, all students are to be groomed and dressed appropriately for school and school activities. A student’s dress and/or appearance shall:
- Support, not disrupt, the learning environment.
- Constitute no threat to health or safety.
- Be tasteful and unable to be construed as provocative or obscene.
- Reflect practices of good hygiene and cleanliness.
- Confirm with UAE traditions.
- Gender appropriate.
- Causes no harm to others.
3. School Uniform Specifications:
- Details of school uniform are available for parents on the school portal or in the school handbook.
- The school provides high-quality uniform outfits that comply with national and cultural standards.
- PE outfit is different from the daily
- The school provides girls with different heights of uniform to meet all demands.
School Uniform Distribution:
School uniform will be distributed starting June of each academic year for the coming year. SMS will be sent to parents to inform them of the actual start date of distribution. Parents may visit the school during official school working hours to collect the school uniform from the uniform store collection outlet in the school basement.
In August of every year, the uniform will be distributed in the Gym in one place to make it easier for parents or as otherwise informed. Parents may exchange sizes within 3 days of collection under the condition of being in excellent condition.
Throughout the year, parents may visit the school to get any additional items as needed. Students will NOT be allowed to wear brands that have the school logo, students must comply with school uniform policies. The uniform is selected to be of very high-quality standards. Students will not be allowed to wear any clothes that are external to school uniform made. Students will be sent home to change and will not be allowed into school.
- Shoes shall be worn at all times, and as needed, shoes shall conform to special requirements (such as P.E. classes).
- Students are not allowed to wear flip-flops, sandals, bedroom shoes, Chinese slippers or any footwear that does not cover the foot. Footwear must match. No mismatched shoes or socks.
Socks should be white, black, blue or gray. Flashing colors are not allowed.
Shoes that have laces shall be laced and tied.
- No soccer shoes permitted at all on the school
- Shoes should be black, white or gray. Black shoes with bright colors such as orange, green, yellow, red are not allowed.
- Shoes should not be smooth from the bottom and should have slip preventive patterns or strips.
- Students may wear plain sweaters, sweatshirts; the items may be solid white, black, or navy blue with no patterns, drawing or writing on them. Also, they should not have any brand logos on them.
- Sweaters and sweatshirts, which are the school approved colors, with the exception of school approved logos, and may not have insignias, logos, labels, words, or pictures. Sweaters and sweatshirts with school-approved logos may not have hoods.
- Coats may be worn to school on extremely cold winter days. They may be worn during assembly, breaks or during a class change if the student is exiting the class to labs, playgrounds or so.
- Leather jackets are forbidden.
- Students may not wear large pendants or medallions.
- No adornment is allowed that reasonably could be perceived as, or used as, a weapon (such as chains, spikes, etc.).
- Gang-related clothing, accessories, symbols or intimidating manner of dress, as identified by local law enforcement agencies are not allowed.
- Headwear and sunglasses are not allowed.
- Bandanas are not allowed.
- Leggings and footed tights may be worn only as an accessory under skirts or short uniforms for junior girls, skirts, dresses, shorts, pants, or capris that meet uniform requirements. They must be solid white, black, or navy blue.
- Jeggings are not allowed.
- Abaya is not allowed to be worn on the school premises.
- Only school activity buttons are permitted to be worn on a student’s school uniform.
- Jewelry and/or accessories are not allowed.
- Local dresses (Kandora, Sufra, or Hamdania) are not allowed on normal school days or exams. The Principal may approve such dress codes during school functions or events such as the National Day, Cultural Days, etc.
School uniform specifications and policies are available on the school portal for MIS students to review.