Parent Advisory Council
Parents, carers, and families are by far the most important influences on children’s lives. Parents who take on a supportive role in their children’s learning make a difference in improving achievement and behavior. Their support can play a vital role in all stages of education.
When parents and schools work together, children do better. The active involvement of parents in the life of the school can help promote a learning community in which students can engage positively with school staff and their peers. The school can benefit from developing positive partnerships with parents by involving them in all decisions affecting their children’s education and learning. A relationship of mutual trust and respect can enable effective communication that supports both parents and teachers.
The better the information the school provides to parents, the more parents can support their children’s learning and the school. Information that parents share with the school can assist teachers in adapting their teaching to suit the learning styles of students and take account of any particular issues that may exist.
Parents have their own perspectives on school education and what can be done to improve standards and quality. The School fosters a positive and open ethos which encourages parents to share these perspectives. Their voice can make a positive contribution to how education authorities and schools determine their ambitions for schools and how they plan for improvement to meet these.
Hence, in MIS, we believe that parents are strategic partners in the journey of improvement of the school. They are the neutral transparent eye the monitors and progress or outcomes and gives reflective feedback that supports the school to excel and become better.
MIS established a strong relationship with its parents and has put it into action via a strong parent council committee. The council serves as the voice of all MIS parents who coach, mentor and monitor the vision of the school to ensure its meeting its goals and outcomes successfully.
The Council has been selected by parents for parents, and are a very active body that ensures the strong relationship between school and parents. The parents have different roles and responsibilities to achieve the desired outcomes.
The main functions of the Parent Councils in MIS are:
- Provide a voice for parents, in schools, and in their local authority, on issues that are important to them and their children.
- Help the school to understand how to most effectively involve parents in their children’s learning and in the life of the school.
- Support the school and principal in developing strong home/school partnerships.
- Support the school in its development and improvement, and in understanding and making links with the wider community.
- Capture the unique and varied skills, interests, knowledge, and experience that parents can offer.
- Support the school on its events, activities, school life aspects.
- Evaluate the school’s direction and plans in achieving its vision and mission.
- Support and Evaluate the implementation of morals and national ID in school.
- Present the school in national and local initiatives.
To send your feedback to the committee please use the email: [email protected]